Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Kids Are the Best At Socialization!

Mom was watching E & D's children yesterday and of course the puppies are the highlight of the farm. I like that just fine because it gives the pups some good interaction at the age when they are the most impressionable. The kids immediately get down to renaming them which is also very entertaining. 

I've been taking the pups up to a shady area on the lawn to play, and they love it.  


After running around and playing for about 30 minutes they get awfully tired. 


Lee has been renamed Bellyacher because he's a pretty fussy puppy.


Ty is Puff Ball.


Sara missed out on the renaming.


Mifflin was named Hype(r) since he is the most energetic pup. 


Carlos got Bandit.


Knox received the new handle Joe for an unknown reason. I so wish this pup was a female!! Both blue eyes, and long hair! 


Aubrey & Carlos


Kolby & Ty


So far they are liking their litter box better as a bed than as a toilet. I froze some water jugs today and will put them in the dog house tomorrow, to hopefully tempt them back inside-I think the litter is cooler is why they are sleeping in it. 




Jinger loves kids! 


Liz likes kids too, but nowhere nearly as much as Jinger does. 


Aaron got this Aussie outfit and I'm watching her for the week. She likes to dirty up the water dish as seen below. 


I don't like tying my dogs and have been trying to find decent, second hand kennels so I can get them all out and not tied. The perfect place seems to be under the trees, as they will have shade almost all day. So far I've gotten 1 kennel-I've found more but have been too slow to find them and they were already snatched up. 




3 comments:

  1. The kids are willing to come socialize puppies anytime 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to advertise to everyone I know with kids (especially neighbors) that they can come play with the puppies! Funny on the renaming session.

    ReplyDelete