Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Characters and Ducks

The pups are 4 weeks old and are really getting their own personalities and being so much fun!
There is some stigma surrounding white headed dogs(not all undeserved), that they will be deaf. As many white headed/mostly white dogs as I've seen that are totally fine, I've decided that it must be pretty rare. Anyhow, my 3 white puppies can definitely all hear.
All the pups are extremely bold and outgoing, and I've only seen actual fear in any of them a handful of times-once yesterday, and a little today when they were flipping over a metal bowl on the concrete floor. They all recovered quickly though, and mischievous Mifflin started showing off and thrashing the bowl.

Knox is a medium pup that doesn't prefer to be petted too much.


Carlos is kinda the homely guy of the litter, both in looks and actions, but is still a nice little pup.


Ty is a big, fat, lazy, teddy bear. He doesn't get riled often, but when he does he has the most thin/gurgling growl ever, that is very distinguishable from all the rest.


Grizzy is a slightly more timid pup that also doesn't often prefer to be petted. 


Lee is a little smarty pants, who thinks he's so funny when he bites me and takes off running. 


Sara is a bold, fiery little character-I say it is because she has to hold her ground amongst all these big, mean brothers. She has the fiercest growl and can quickly ramp up to a snapping mess and thrash her brothers when they tackle her. 


I brought all the pups over to the other barn to weigh them and deworm them this morning. Sara found the ducks and wanted in with them pretty badly. I was so proud of her. 



Mifflin is the energetic explorer of the bunch. He can be slightly timid and startle more easily than the others, but he is also the first to go check out the scary objects and start messing with them. 




Jinger is starting to lose weight and I'm making her get started weaning these pups. 


 Liz suddenly turned into a tall, lanky teenager. She loses her head on sheep, but looks really nice on cows and goats. I've been working her lightly and she's coming along well for her age. I sometimes use her instead of Jinger for close spaces, just moving a calf or something, because she is so much more calm and controlled. Jinger is crazy anyway, but tight spaces set her off worse too. I think Liz is going to be my main worker once she gets trained. 




No comments:

Post a Comment