Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, October 30, 2015

Wall Sit, Dahlias, Generous People, Google, Scent Working, and Andy.

On Friday, just after supper, somebody decided to try out the Roman Chair. They didn't last very long and Kaia took it upon herself to teach them how it's done. She declared that she'd finish her supper while wall sitting. She did it, however, she was getting pretty frantic towards the end. 

Ashlyn gave me some gorgeous Dahlias on Sunday. I wish I could have them in my garden but any plant over 2 feet tall or so, has a very slim chance of surviving when the normal 25+ mph wind sweeps through. If they did survive that, they'd very likely succumb to the seasonal 50+ mph winds. (Right now it is sustained at about 35 and a short time ago it got up to 52 mph. Welcome fall.)
 I love generous people! I post ads on Craigslist and Gorge.net and get loads of free meat for dog food. I've probably gotten about 150 pounds since June. And nobody will let me pay them a dime.

 Oh, how I love Google! I was trying to figure out what I could use for soap molds, and Google had a very good, cheap, answer. PVC pipe! I found a couple of scraps of pipe and wood, and slapped this together. All I had to pay was 64 cents for a plug and I'll have to buy another one, but still! 


 I love working the dogs nose's. It may even beat watching a cow dog work. To see Duke working hard and suddenly, as he's running, catch that scent and nearly fall over because his nose sticks to the smell while his body can't stop that fast, and to see him find the object makes me so happy. I don't really know why, but it does. I'm picking up my antler training again to get ready for February. Last year, I worked somewhat with Duke, but not very much and never went hunting. I plan to this yeara though, with both Duke and Bonny.
Below, Bonny finds her toy hidden under one of my fodder trays. I'm just trying to get her nose working because, so far, I haven't been able to do so. She just uses her eyes. A couple rounds of hiding her toy under one tray and mixing the trays up, did get her working though.

A doe rubbed her head on Andy's mineral feeder. Now it's game on, mineral feeder!

1 comment: