Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, November 13, 2020

My Friend





 It's about time I introduce you to my best friend, Valerie. She hails originally from upper Michigan, and we became pen pals in, oh, 2016 or so. I visited her once in MI, and she came out here a few times, once for the time we hosted the Goat Academy, and then several other times just to visit. 
The above picture was taken in 2018 when she attended the church convention in Tri-Cities. At that time Valerie was not comfortable with having her face on the internet, so I didn't post this picture. 
Valerie is one of my most loyal readers, and during the time I didn't blog she got so desperate for another post that she offered herself as blog material, telling me I could post pictures of her on my blog. Well, beings people rarely make it on my blog anyway, she still hasn't made it on until now. I have been trying to encourage her to make me some monster cookies, and then she could have an "in the kitchen" post like the one Chad got a couple years back, which can be found here. Since she has thus far declined that opportunity, I have to make a post without being able to munch monster cookies while I make it. 
She moved out here in September of 2019, and has a little house in Goldendale that she calls home. As you can see from the picture, she also has a dog-or 2. 😄 She is also a fellow goat lover, and us sharing our adventures with our respective goats was what formed our original friendship. Of course she can't have goats in town now, but she comes and dotes on mine from time to time, particularly the sundgaus. 

Now, most exciting of all is this:

Yup, Chad has finally found himself a bride, and my best friend is set to become my sister in January. 
This match seems to be as perfect as anything on this broken earth can be. 
Of course, I take full responsibility in bringing them together-you're welcome, you two. 😉



3 comments: