Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, December 14, 2018

Puppies!

Amelia's last puppy went home on Monday-ain't she cute?





Jinger squirted out 8 puppies this morning! I had guessed 5, but was ready for 4. I really didn't think she looked that big, and the only thing that gave me some doubt is that she gained 14 pounds while pregnant. Granted, some of it was just flesh, because she was skinny when she was bred, but I estimated 2-3 pounds was that, and the rest was puppy. Before she took us by surprise and had the 8th puppy this morning, I weighed her and she had already lost 9 pounds. So one more puppy is probably a little over 1 pound-I was almost right with my guesstimate for how much was fat and how much was puppy. 
That should have been enough to tip me that she was having more than 4 pups-I think I just didn't dare hope... 


A nice even litter of four males, and four females.
 

Females


Liz


Peggy, who is a vigorous runt, was, unfortunately, born tail-less.


Foxy


Sue


Males


Mac


Tucker


Gizmo


Jake




5 comments:

  1. Precious pups! Congratulations Kailey and Jinge!

    -Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've got a solution for you... You should get an Aussie! Kailey can tell you I'm not biased or anything, they often have docked tails, and I know some reputable breeders. :D -Valerie

      Delete
    2. Yeah, take that Sog! Collies are supposed to have tails! Aussies are not!

      Delete
    3. Gotta promote my breed ya know!

      Delete