Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, July 19, 2019

Canines

 After driving me crazy for several days, Jinger finally had her pups on Sunday, the 14th! I thought it was kinda funny because her last pups were born on December 14th, so exactly 7 months apart-almost to the hour, with the first pups. 
If you're wondering why this post is so late when I was so excited about this litter, here's the answer. Chad hauled me off to work down in Battle Ground and I finally got home last night. I almost withered away, I tell ya! With new pups at home that I wanted to go snuggle it wasn't all that great to be gone, to say the least! (Actually, I had a choice, and I figured Jinger would forgive me for being gone and not admiring her pups in exchange for me having some money to be able to keep the dogs from starving. Since I didn't want her or anyone else to starve anymore than she wanted to starve, I went.) 

She had 6 boys and 1 girl. Her last litter weighed 5-7 ounces each-this litter weighs 11-14 ounces each! I don't know how she didn't get a ton bigger and gain a ton more weight than last time-I was doubting if she was even as big as last time!


I saw the name Ticonderoga somewhere and really liked it, so decided to use fort names as my theme for this litter. I've heard of 4 of them, and the others just sounded cool. 

Griswold


Mifflin


Ticonderoga


Knox(notice the key hole marking on his head?)


Carlos


Lee


And last but best, the female, Saratoga! A traditional pup, through and through. If she turns out to have long hair and blue eyes(maybe even prick ears) I think I'm gonna fall over in ecstasy. 

 

 Ol Liz, who is looking really, really cool on stock. I've started training her lightly, and she's doing great. I was doing something with goats today and one got away outside the pen. I didn't notice at first and she was just kinda watching it, standing between me and the goat, but when I told her to go get it she went to the other side of it and held it to me like a cutting horse until I was able to step on the leash and catch it. 


 





Flinty! His training is coming along well, and I hope to sell him soon. He finally has good pads of flesh covering his bones again. He gained a lot of weight from after he was sick, but up until the last month or so was still getting taller so wasn't really getting fat.  




2 comments:

  1. LOL, funny explanation of why you went to work instead of staying with the pups! I know it was hard being away though!

    Congratulations on the puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete