Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Visiting a Friend


Jeff & I went to ID last weekend, and I went to visit my friend, who lives about an hour past where Justin & Jennifer live. (She's a blog reader-Hi Katrina!! 😄)

We had a great time, and I didn't end up getting back to Justin's until 11:30-latest I've ever stayed out visiting! 
Along about evening, I took out my camera, and one of Katrina's sisters, Grace, started snapping away. I should have gotten it out earlier so she could have gotten some better pictures while the sun was still up. 

The first matter of business was to get a picture of the two of us, mainly for our friend Valerie, as we promised her we'd send her pictures, and it was now getting dark and we had nothing!
 Jinger's left ear stands up when she's working or panting really hard, but otherwise it mostly stays drooped at the tip. When I'm posing with her for pictures, I often lift up the tip of that ear, and then it will usually stay up. 


Katrina thought she'd try that with her pup, Evie's ears. 


I think this is the best one of the two of us. 


Faith wanted in on a picture too! 


Jinger gives the best stare when working chickens, so I sent her out to "pose" for a picture.


Evie went out too-you don't stand a chance, little chicken! 


Aw, what a good job you did, puppies, tormenting that poor little baby bird!



Mutual Border Collie lovers. (Though I'm not sure where our Border Collies went.)


The younger kids loved playing fetch with Jinger, and played with her for hours. It's the first time I've ever in my life seen Jinger worn out to the point where, twice, I saw her ignore the ball when it was thrown. That only lasted for a little bit though, and then she was back in the game for a couple more hours.


TBDITW(The Best Dog In The World)



Looks like they are trying to steal my dog and I'm trying to persuade them to let me get her back over the fence. 


Coldly, they turn their backs upon my disconcertion and hold onto Jinger. 


Making her their fast friend by throwing her tennis ball again. 


Eventually I got her back and we left, tired and happy. I'm glad I got to meet my friend in person, and we clicked so well and had so much fun! 
Thanks for letting me come, Katrina, and it's your turn next! June 1st, don't forget!

4 comments:

  1. Katrina, I think Kailey told me my turn next when she came here a couple years ago... and I did! In fact, I've been showing up at her place every year so far for three years. :D. LOL

    Glad y'all had a great time! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope I can get the same record! Does sound like I will have to go visit here now and once I start I probably won't be able to stop! :D

      Delete
  2. These pictures are awesome Kailey! Except I think you got the description of TBDITW on the wrong dog/picture :P
    We did have a lot of fun didn't we! Definitely hope to come visit sometime. Great job on the post btw, always did love your writing style! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have found another "bosom friend!" I also think you have TBDITW on the wrong dog picture..... ;) Dad said you guys had gone to ID, but I thought it was to get Jinger bred.

    ReplyDelete