Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Monday, April 29, 2019

It's a Beautiful Day In May(April!)

Just dogs in this post.

Update on Flint: shortly after I mentioned him last, he went downhill again, not eating, extremely tired, etc. He was still anemic so I bought an iron supplement and started giving him that-that started making him puke his guts up. So I stopped that, and tried tempting him to eat by giving him milk-that gave him the runs. I pulled some pork and liver out of the freezer and cooked it up for him, but he continued to throw it up. So then I got a bunch of chicken, boiled up a big batch for him, and started giving him that. He was still puking occasionally, but after a few days that stopped too. It has been a little over two weeks since then and he is eating great, back on dog food, high energy again, and has finally reached 32 pounds. Liz has almost caught the skinny little guy already, but I don't think he's looking back anymore! He looks super nice on the cows-I don't even like watching him work because I can't keep him. However, I relisted him a few days ago and have no interest so far, so I'm just gonna start training him, up to whatever point I need to to sell him. I think he's going to make someone a really nice cowdog, just not the family dog that I need.


Liz is growing fast, and is going to pas up Jinger soon. And then there's typical Jasper, when I try to get a picture of him. 


 I've been learning how to wait him out though, LOL. 


I brought the doggos for a walk across the road and got some more pictures. The wildflowers are just starting so it'll be another 1.5 weeks probably, before I have my annual "dogs and wildflowers" photoshoot!



Somebody built up there on Finn Ridge Rd. Ugh, the neighbors are getting much too thick-might be getting time to move. 



Typical Flint, just watching everyone. 





My girls. 



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Flint is doing better!
    Good dogs!

    ReplyDelete