Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, May 24, 2019

Dogs & Wildflowers(and "Domestic" Flowers)

My wildflower photoshoot did not go well this year for two reasons. One, I don't know if we got less rain or what, but the terrain amidst the flowers was already all brown and dead by the time the flowers had bloomed well. Two, it has been very windy, which makes the flowers all bend over and you can't even take good pictures of them. Actually, the wind is normal, but me being busy working these days is what makes it hard to skip around the wind and still go get pictures. Anywho, here are the ones I got. 

Liz


Flint


Jasper. Fine-if he won't look at the camera, these angled shots will do. 



On the next trip I took the other three girls. Actually, I didn't like how any of these turned out and wanted to try again and bring Mattie too, but I didn't get a chance to try and now the flowers are wilting and sad, so Mattie didn't get any pictures.

Jinger


Betsy


Bonny


I was trying to take a group photo and then turned around and saw a large Bull Snake right behind me. It evidently hadn't seen me either, because about the time I saw it, it coiled up and started hissing. As soon as Jinger heard the first hiss she was on top of it, trying to kill it. I chased her off because, though Bull Snakes aren't venomous, they still bite and bites are still not good. Besides, I hate it when she tries stupid, impulsive stuff like that, and don't let her get away with it, because some of the things she tries that with are much more dangerous, like weedeaters and rototillers. 

Bonny and Betsy were quite intrigued as well, but had more self preservation than Jinger. 


Pretty pup Liz! 


The sheep are starting to get more broke and not challenge the dogs so much. 


Kidding is over(we sold Simcoe) and we had an even 10 bucks and 10 does! Now we are making herd cuts and having to make the hard decision of who stays and who goes. See those names and numbers in the middle of the board, lower down? I took all the kids away and milked everyone this morning, to get a better idea of udders and production. Most everyone is producing well, but there are some udders that I don't like, so I'll probably start there. 


I feel like the lilacs were very mediocre this year as well, but the ones that were there were still pretty and smelled delightful.


Apple blossoms. Looks like it's gonna be a great year for apples!


I just love the soft, delightful scent of the plum blossom trees! 




3 comments:

  1. I still think the pictures turned out nice!

    Wildflowers are so pretty.. So are domestic flowers, but wildflowers hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sadie pics :'( Pretty one of Liz with the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete