Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Puppies, Kids, and Sledding

First off, a few things.

#1. This blog post may be old news to some of you, as it has been in the drafting process for 2 weeks, and I just keep adding more to it. I finally decided I better post it before it gets much too large!

#2. I need to make a public apology to Aaron, and all my viewers for forgetting about this: several months ago, I had a spammer posting comments on my blog every day (fortunately not offensive, just annoying) so I closed down the comment section to anonymous commenters, meaning to open it back up in a month or so. I totally forgot about it, and one day when I was complaining about how nobody comments on my blog, Aaron told me that he'd tried but that there were too many hoops to jump through so he gave up. I argued with him for several minutes that the commenting was open to anyone who read my blog, that you don't have to sign into anything, and that it always had been, ever since I started my blog. We both left the argument feeling that we were both right, and nothing more was said. A couple of weeks ago, Dad was trying to leave a comment on my blog and was having trouble. I looked over his shoulder and saw that it was requiring him to sign in before it was going to let him comment. I was confused, but said I'd check into it and see what was going on. Brittany overheard, and reminded me of the spammer I had had, and how I had shut down the commenting to anonymous posters. Oops! I quickly fixed it, but I'm sorry I argued in the wrong, and that my faithful readers and faithful commenters have not been able to comment. Well, now it's open, so you can go back to commenting freely and often, like ya'll used to! Read the last sentence and a half in a sarcastic tone.  😜


I been taking lots of pictures of the puppies lately. 

Joy 


Loki


Joy

 

Kate and her puppies.


Brittany, my puppies, and half of Bonny's puppies.


Joy-I think she is the cutest puppy I've ever seen. She went home to her new owner Friday morning.



I was trying to get new individual puppy pictures yesterday, so Brittany and I hauled one load of puppies over to the lawn.


Brittany thought she could just carry the other four-and she did, but poor puppies! 😂


Old beater Sadie, getting mobbed by her adoring fans. 


One of the males, Windsor.


After the aggressive attitude that Kate has shown, I'm very glad to have good ol' Jinger around. A few weeks ago, I was watching a friend's video, in which her female Border Collie was rolling on the ground loving it when a litter of random puppies crawled all over her. I commented to a couple people that I wish my dogs were like that. A couple days later, Jinger got to play with Bonny's puppies and pretty-near replicated what I saw in that video! I was so proud of her. Of course, being the way she is, she is nowhere near as calm and relaxed as my friend's dog, but tries her hardest to be calm and gentle around the puppies. She will hold as still as she can while they pile on her, but then her body starts wiggling, which progresses into rolling, and then she'll leap into the air and land in a playful bow, and after bowling a few puppies over with her exuberant play, will lay back down and repeat the process. I'm growing more and more fond of this little dog. 😊


On Saturday, Krista on down went sledding in the Simcoes. The boys took snowmobiles, and each girl rode behind one of the boys to the frothy "Big Drift" at the top of the mountains. Actually, we made it to within 200 yards of the top and some of the snowmobiles were having too much trouble in the deep snow or something, so us girls stayed there and sledded, while Luke and Mark went up to the Big Drift. 

At our parking spot, before heading up, I snapped some shots of Jinger.





Where we ended up staying and sledding-it is a lot steeper than it looks. 


Oh, and Jeff stayed with us girls too, because his snowmobile had bad spark plugs or something and wasn't working right-this is before he gave up trying to ascend the slope-he very nearly nailed this tree head on.  


Brittany waiting to go sledding.


The boys planning their route with Krista so she can get a cool video.


I hid under a tree to get the perfect angle for pictures and got this one before realizing that hiding without telling the drivers is a bad idea because they like to carve low hanging trees sometimes-Marcus almost did it too.


Krista trying out the sledding hill.


 Brittany's turn.


Meanwhile, Jeff had gone downhill and disappeared. We kinda wondered where he was, but trusted that he was okay, because Luke had gone down to see if he needed any help and came back up and continued up further without saying anything in regards to Jeff. After 30 minutes or so, Jeff came trudging defeatedly up the hill-he had been just a little ways away the whole time, but his snowmobile had gotten stuck and then died on him. After conquering the deep snow and steep slope, he collapsed in the shade under a tree to recuperate. 


 Jinger catching a snowball that Jeff threw. 


The following pictures are courtesy of Krista.

Forced to pose for a selfie. Wait-is it even a selfie if I didn't take it? I'm in Krista's selfie maybe...


Brittany decided to take Jinger for a whirl-she didn't mind too much, but quickly left the scene when they crashed halfway down.


I was laughed to scorn for burying my legs as far down into the snow as I could go (the snow was much deeper, but I couldn't get down to the bottom) and then leaning over and eating snow. Well, how else are you supposed to refresh yourself when you haven't got water? They said you're supposed to make a snowball on munch on that, but that's unsanitary-I eat raw, untouched snow only! 



Marion had buck/doe twins on March 1st. I named them Davy and Dora, out of Anne of Avonlea. It's funny-Marion had her kids on March 1st last year too, so she gets the award for most kids born on one day, which is five because she had triplets last year.

Dora


Davy


Izzy had 2 bucks and a doe on March 9th. One buck has underdeveloped, weighed only three pounds, and died after two hours of working on him.

Victor


Veronica


Simcoe had twin does yesterday! I've waited a long time for twin does, so that I could name them Flora and Fauna.

The cou blanc, or possibly cou clair, is Flora.


And this girl is Fauna.



It's been a pretty even year with 4 bucks and 5 does born so far. Now we have three weeks off until Desi, Clare, and Bunny are due! 




4 comments:

  1. Well, that was an enjoyable read. Poor smugster, he looks pretty defeated in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kailey, just testing to see if it works. Frothy pups! Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the pics! I've been forgetting to check for updates again.. neat to see what you all are up to and see your animals☺

    ReplyDelete