Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sonnet and Snowy

 We went to my favorite breeder's farm on Monday and picked up a doeling that mom had a reservation on. It's a half sister of Emmy, and looks very much the same. However, she is not the crazy savage that Emmy was at the same age. Her name is Wild Rose Sonnet. The breeder's herd name will be in front of it, but I'm sure that part is of not interest to you, my followers, so we'll leave it at that. 
I forgot the crop the photo, so never you mind my bright red side of it. 
 

I think Mom has started a tradition of going to that farm with the intent of picking up one kid and coming back with two! That's how she got Emmy-she was coming with me to pick up Flicka and was overcome by the pens of cute babies and picked out Emmy. 
To her defense, this little buckling was free and was offered to her. He'll make a good buddy for Sonnet as all the other kids are much to large to play safely. Brittany named him Snowy. He is the first Saanen we've ever had on the farm, and he was wattles! I love wattles. 
This picture is low quality as we haven't figured out permanent housing yet, and the lighting the the barn, where they are for now, is terrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment