Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Monday, March 2, 2015

Jack, Meyla and More

 Here are a few more pictures. Mirah with Sophie and Absalom. (He has a large forehead that makes it appear as if he has a lot of hair.) 
 Sophie.
Unfortunately, they are both bottle babies from the start. It seems to make a huge difference in their attitude if they are allowed to be on mom for the first couple weeks or so before putting them on a bottle. That's what I was going to do, but it didn't turn out that way.

At first Mirah seemed to be a good and attentive mother. Soon though, I realized that she wasn't too fond of Absalom. He'd try eating and she'd walk away with an irritated air about her. When I made her stand still and feed him, she reached back and grabbed a mouthful of his tail and yanked. Not just once but several times. So I put him in front of her to see if she just didn't want him to eat or plain didn't like him. She grabbed a mouthful of his hair and jerked it. 

I think she may have warmed up to him eventually but I just decided, "Oh well. I was gonna bottle feed anyway. And it'll give me a peace of mind to know for sure that he is getting plenty of milk."
So, beings I was going to be feeding one, I figured I might as well feed both. 
We took them away and at first she didn't even notice. But that was four days ago and she still hasn't stopped yelling. 

Below is Jack
Meyla is getting pretty large! She is due in July. If you can't tell whether or not she is big, compare to the convenient image of Rosti below this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment