Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Friday, May 23, 2014

On Monday, I went into the back room in the vet clinic. On the table, there was a large, white and tabby cat sprawling in a carrier with a label on the top, "The Dog Whisperer Top Loading Travel Den" On the side it said something like, "Cesar Milan's quick guide to a happy pet. Bring your dog on a walk to start the day off. Keep a calm attitude....." I don't remember this rest. There was a carrying strap on the top that said, "Dog Whisperer, Dog Whisperer, Dog Whisperer, Dog Whisperer, Dog Whisperer, etc.
I went and found the chart for the cat, and it said, 
"Didn't eat Saturday,
Better yesterday.
Check out."
Really? Your cat didn't eat for one day and you are rushing him to the vet?!? I can't understand these people.  Anyway, I begin petting the cat through the bars, the best I can, and he begins purring and trying to play with my fingers. 
Soon, Marianne and Autumn come in and prepare to draw blood from it. They had to give it an anesthetic to do so. When they got done, they were looking in its mouth while I filled out the bloodwork chart. Autumn had its tongue pulled out about 2.5 inches-I never imagined a cat's tongue was so long. 
Marianne says" Looks all clear to me." 
Autumn, "Yeah-wait I see something green down there."
Marianne, "Really?" (Comes over to look.) "Wow good catch Autumn!"
She goes and gets a six inch pair of tweezers, reaches in nearly all the way, and pulls out an inch long cheat grass head! Well no wonder the poor thing wasn't eating! 
So, sometimes it is good to be so concerned for the health of yours pets! 

Anyway, I haven't been up to much. I just thought I'd post a few pictures of the animals. None of them are mine-Mom took them all. 
Duke playing in the slough. 



                                                                 Swimming in the pond.
                                                                           Mid shake.
                                                                Eliza Jane and I
 Duke in the flowers across the road.  They were so beautiful while they lasted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment