Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Cold, Wintry Morning

It got down to -6! this morning and when I went out it was still only -4. I thought I'd take a few pictures of what I look like most real cold mornings.  I have to take several buckets, to swap out the ones full of ice, as well as two buckets of hot water. Sometimes there will be a hose too-if, the night before, I forgot to drain it or something. 

Below, I'm trying to figure out how to carry the load. 



 Trying not to trip over the hose......
 There! I'm ready to go. As you can see, I don't have any glasses on. This is because if I pull my balaclava over my nose, my warm breath fogs up my glasses so that I can't see. If I don't pull my balaclava up, my nose feels like it will freeze off. And my nose hairs freeze together with every breath I take........
 The dogs are really enjoying the snow although the temperature is too cold for poor, old Sadie. Her arthritis is kept a bay with the herbs I've been giving her but she just can't seem to keep warm. In the winter I actually like my dogs to have a layer of fat over their ribs for insulation, which she has. I also feed them more fat (in the form of chicken skin) and the goats get carrots and alfalfa snacks. But she is still shivering all the time. Except for right at this moment........ See picture below.
Bonny 
 Duke (mostly)

 Duke and Bonny


 Throw the frisbee!
 Throw. The. Frisbee!!

 Yay!!
 Now, throw it again!
 Now!!



 A beautiful pine tree. Frost covered pine trees really have something for me.

 Duke


 Bonny-"The sun is very bright!"



1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of you with the 3 at the top. Cute snow puppies! Haha, Duke does look pretty desperate waiting for the Frisbee!

    ReplyDelete