Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 5

We are hatching eggs!  This is the 5th day the have been in the incubator. They are supposed to hatch on May 1st. The four youngest children got to pick 3 eggs a piece. The chicks that hatch out of the eggs we chose will be ours. I separated some hens so I could get specific eggs.  They got mad and wouldn't lay. I just had to get any old eggs then. :(

                                      These are the hens I wanted to get eggs from. #1 is Goldilocks.
                                                                Chickie
                                                                      Reddy
                                                               Speckeldy
                                   And last but not least, Missy Big Comb. She is my favorite chicken. Read one story about her here.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, Sis, you sure do a good job on this clog, Boy you're real at clogging. I'm sure glad you started one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Sog's comment. You do a real decent job expounding on your interests here. I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work Annie Kay. Stub

    ReplyDelete