Duke and Meyla

Duke and Meyla

Saturday, September 28, 2019

New Boarders & a Little Of Everything


With the note I left at the conclusion of my last post you may have thought there would be less/no dogs in the next post I had coming. Ha! You misjudged me! My life is mainly dogs these days, so to leave them out of a blog post just isn't possible! 😆
But we'll get them over with first and get into the rest of the post.

I brought the pups up to the sheep pasture for pictures last week, since they run all over now and I wanted a fence to contain them a little bit. 
Jinger had to keep a close eye on those sheepies.

 

Ty. We've been having a rough time with Ty. He has always been super lazy and not a very great eater, but about 3 weeks ago I suddenly realized that he was dropping weight. I chalked it up to being picky, didn't worry too much, and just waited to see if he'd start eating better again. He got worse, but when I started offering him different foods he inhaled them-for a day. Then, though he would eat still, he became very slow and picky again. He got really bad and finally bloodwork showed that he had a massive infection. He's been on massive doses of two different antibiotics and is doing much better now. There is still no clue as to what caused it. 
Supposedly he is spoken for. I say supposedly because I'm always skeptical until I have the money and the pup is gone.


Knox went to CA last Saturday, and Carlos went to Yakima.


Lee is a huge cutie.


Griz is one of my favorite pups.


The sheep were hiding in the back corner of the pasture and I didn't want to pups to find them as I didn't think the sheep were wary enough of dog to run from a pack of pups instead of fight. The pups eventually found them anyway, and those sheep didn't fight, to say the least, LOL. 


Jailbirds.


I've been up in the air about Jasper for quite some time now, because he will almost never bite. I'd seen him bite sheep and goats if they attacked him, but never otherwise and never a cow. After spending the day working with a cowdog breeder and introducing Jasper to a challenging cow, I've made my decision with him. Long story short, though he is really bold and confident, after that cow tossed him a couple times, he wouldn't go closer than he is in this picture and wouldn't bite her. He isn't listed for sale yet, but I do have someone extremely interested in him.


A local Golden Retriever breeder I worked for last summer asked me to take on one of her females and raise the pups that she was due to have. This is Stella, and she had 3 girls and 6 boys night before last. Stella is a really nice, gentle, well behaved dog. 


Brittany is babysitting Piper for Aaron, as Aaron is away hunting most of the fall. 


One of my chickens hatched a bunch of chicks last week. 


One of Mom's pretty, Golden Laced Wyandottes.


Some of our other chickens. I took these pictures so I could list the chickens as we have too many. 


I have quite a large flock of ducks, too. I've always been able to sell all of ducklings I hatch and a few fertile eggs as well, so I'm trying to expand the duck business for next spring. 


Sara might be my favorite pup to raise yet. She is so friendly, calm, confident, and sweet. She hasn't really shown a lot of interest in working anything yet, but as long as she's not scared the rest will likely come. None of my dogs have been very keen to work at a super young age like some of the videos I see. I usually don't see much of anything until they are 4 months old or so.


Right now she just seems to adore all the other animals, big and small, running up to them with her tail spinning frantically and licking their faces.

 

Most of the goats. 

 

 Bunny and Sultan's two doe kids, Caddie and Hetty. I guess we are keeping both pretty girls for now.


Eclipse's two doe kids, Carmelita and Pavlova-I am keeping both for now, but greatly prefer Pavlova over Carmelita.


 

Pretty Eclipse girl. She has really grown and matured this year and is my best doe.


Our buck, Ace. He's still a friendly bottle baby, but he reeks now so I don't pet him.


Some of our dairy calves that we raise on goat's milk. 


My sheep tested negative for all the disease I was concerned about them possibly giving to the goats, so they are now down in the barn for the winter. Aubrey named them Starlight and Dazzle.


Polly had more kittens. This time she decided to have near copies of herself.


Unlike my sad old garden, Dad's did great this year, and he was a lot of large pumpkins for fall carving!


3 comments:

  1. So many fun puppies... I don't know which would be my favorite!

    Hey, your garden produced a LOT of carrots, and I have some in the freezer because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kailey, were you able to find homes for all those special border collies.
    Harry MacGregor

    ReplyDelete